Re: [atomic] auditd on atomic host

Hi Colin Walters.

Colin Walters have written on Wed, 17 May 2017 13:09:12 -0400:

> On Wed, May 17, 2017, at 12:50 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >
> > rpm-ostree install auditd
>
> It's `audit` and not `auditd`.  However, this raises a little
> interesting point in that our host definitions aren't fully in sync
> across the distributions. Right now, Fedora Atomic *does* include
> `audit` (and `strace`) and a few other things.

Sorry for my stupid question but what's the differnce between `audit`
and `auditd`.

Oh yes I would really love to see strace, lsof, socat and other tools
in the atomic image out of the box.

We have run a openshift pod on a atomic node and we have seen the
following message.

###
/sbin/auditctl –l
OUTPUT: The audit system is disabled
###

How can I enable it?
Does one of the option which Dan Walsh mentioned enable the audit
system?

Regards
aleks