[atomic-announce] Fedora Atomic Host Nearing End Of Life

This content also exists at: https://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2019/11/fedora-atomic-host-nearing-eol/

Last year we [introduced the plans for Fedora CoreOS] [1] including that
Fedora CoreOS would be the successor to Fedora Atomic Host and Container
Linux (from CoreOS Inc.). As part of that succession plan we decided that
Fedora 29 Atomic Host would be the last stream of Fedora Atomic Host to be
released.

Fedora 29 Atomic Host has served us well, but with Fedora 29 End of
Life coming soon [2], so will the last release of Fedora 29 Atomic Host.
The next release of Fedora 29 Atomic Host (in the next few weeks) will be
the last two-week release. It will contain all of the latest content
from Fedora 29. After that release, Fedora 29, and Fedora 29 Atomic
Host will no longer receive any updates.

Please try out the Fedora CoreOS preview to help us get it towards
stable. Documentation and download links can be found at https://getfedora.org/coreos/

The Atomic Host Team

[1] https://fedoramagazine.org/announcing-fedora-coreos/
[2] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel lists fedoraproject org/message/VUK3CJ5LO4ROUH3JTCDVHYAVVYAOCU62/