Re: [atomic-devel] 3 kinds of "docker build"

Source-To-Image targets your case 2 and 3a below.

it's currently here:
https://github.com/openshift/geard/tree/master/sti

but we're moving it here shortly so it can stand on its own:
https://github.com/openshift/source-to-image

In fact we specifically define an "assembly" script which is invoked to perform the building, rather than doing it as Dockerfile steps.

Ben Parees | OpenShift