Re: [atomic-devel] I am working on seccomp integration into docker for project Atomic.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> wrote:

> syscalls, by default.  On an X86_64 system x32 and i686 syscalls will be
> eliminated.

This seems problematic in the fact that you couldn't then run a 32-bit
application in a container, unless I'm missing something.

> Sandstorm also blocks ptrace, which I am also thinking of adding.

Again, for debug, I've used strace inside a container, so some sort of
way to allow this (without the big hammer of --privileged) would be
required, I think.

> I would like to have other people input, on other syscalls that we
> should add, or ones that should not be on the list.

I assume that a privileged container will not be subject to these
restrictions, right? I've done some initial work on containerizing 3rd
party things that use kernel modules, and thus far I've been able to
run them in a privileged container. I wouldn't expect that to change
as a result of this.