Re: [atomic-devel] nominate pciutils for inclusion in base atomic tree

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014, at 11:50 AM, Jeremy Eder wrote:
> lspci is useful for determining what hardware is installed in a system, and what it's capabilities are.
> Information such as if a device is installed in a slot with the most performant bus width, model numbers, PCI ids.
>
> Would it be possible to include the pciutils package in the atomic-host base tree ?

It is pretty small.  However, this also works:

docker run centos /bin/sh -c 'yum -y install pciutils; lspci'

Which actually gets into an interesting topic; right now with containers we expose most of the host's /proc - pid namespacing aside, you get pretty much everything else, just read-only for most of it.  So containers see the host's hardware listing, though they still have a filtered /dev by default.