[atomic-devel] DBus and rpm-ostree

Hello,

I'm looking into adding DBus support for the functionality provided by rpm-ostree, allowing OS updates to be managed via a DBus API.

Assuming this is this something we need and want to support, my first question is where should this live, I'm thinking is this could be part of the rpm-ostree repo. It would add a daemon (rpm-ostreed?) and the rpm-ostree command(s) would become a client for the dbus api.

But there are other ways we could go too, I'm also not sure how the atomic aliases would tie into this or if that effects how the service should be named and where it lives.

Any input or direction on this would be really appreciated.