Re: [atomic-devel] go1.4 requirement

On 17/03/15 16:44 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015, at 01:50 PM, Vincent Batts wrote:
I see that upstream etcd is now requiring go1.4
https://github.com/coreos/etcd/issues/2524

Docker has churned on this for a while, but I have staved them off since
upgrading f20, f21 and epel6 to go1.4 would deprecate a few packages

I didn't realize epel6 was still updating docker.

not at the same break-neck pace, but there are docker-io 1.5 packages,
and presumably will be 1.6 packages.

So Fedora 22 final is 2015-05-19 - can we stave off 1.4 requirements,
keep F21 updated until then, and then after that concentrate solely on F22?

This was what I had hoped for. Perhaps I am too quiet about that. I will
investigate go1.4 path for f20 and f21. The thought occurred to me last
night that some of the steps needed for having a clean upgrade path in
f20/f21 would still be needed for folks that attempt a `fedup` upgrade
(since that is becoming a thing folks expect to work ;-).

I'll report back shortly.

vb