Re: [atomic-devel] Adding a new repository on GitHub for

On 05/08/2015 11:16 AM, Matt Micene wrote:
It may be time for an update to the Atomic manifesto that lays down what all these new things are and how they all interrelate.

+1

I've seen bits and pieces, but have had to individually track down projects and intent to understand what atomicapp-run is and how it relaates to atomic and to Atomic, and so on.

It'd also be a good time to line up some clearer operating intent statements.  I (for one) am unclear on the relationship between atomic install and say a kubernetes cluster for Atomic hosts.  Is atomic run aimed at the standalone use case?  Does the LABEL metadata make it into the published Docker image and can be used by kubernetes?  Is there a new scheduling use case entirely that atomic run will replace kubernetes, or is that the atomicapp-run?

These things may be clearer to folks closer to the projects, but from this list and IRC, I'm not seeing the forest for the trees.  Is it just me?

- Matt M