Re: [atomic-devel] incorrect permissions

On Fri, May 15, 2015, at 02:39 AM, Stef Walter wrote:

> The last time I highlighted this problem, the answer was that I was
> doing an unsupported upgrade ... and that things had changed incompatibily.
>
> Given that OSTree's whole raison d'etre is coherent atomic
> updates/rollback ... it seems there should be a facility to refuse to
> upgrade to an incompatible tree.

Yes.  I filed
https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/issues/142
related to this.

The idea for CentOS is that we'd create a *new* ref.  But with Fedora 22
we didn't change the ref name...yet.  We still could.

> There's the break comming up with UID/GID as well which will again cause
> this same issue for pepole.

This break is already done.  However I believe in the balance very few
people are running F22 prereleases compared to those who will be
updating after it's released.