Re: [atomic-devel] systemd.unit files and atomic upgrade.

On 05/21/2015 05:41 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2015, at 04:22 PM, Tim St Clair wrote:
Every reboot it's ignored.

Only on an explicit deamon-reload did it take the unit file into account.
One side effect of how `atomic host upgrade` works via OSTree is that
the configuration merge of `/etc` will only take effect when you run it.

If your provisioning process does something like:

```
# atomic host upgrade
# ansible/puppet/vi
# ... time passes ...
# reboot
```

Then the changes in `/etc` will be "lost" in the previous deployment.
I'd recommend rebooting soon after invoking `atomic host upgrade`.  We'll
work to improve this in the future:

https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/issues/40

Is this the issue?

Is this because you are taking a snapshot of /etc during the upgrade call?

Is so, might want to look at "atomic reboot" just to capture the changes until actual reboot...