Re: [atomic-devel] dockerlite the fedora way

On Fri, 2015-10-30 at 22:58 +0200, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> dockerlite is way to provide minimal docker features using scripts on
> btrfs and lxc
>
> https://github.com/docker/dockerlite
>
> maybe it was aimed to demonstrate how simple docker can be
>  implemented.
> but I like that the idea of having containers independent of the
> daemon
> (ie. we can run non-root containers and containers do not die when
> the daemon restarted)
>
> I like to see such project that uses
>
> 1. device mapper instead of btrfs
> 2. use systemd-nspawn instead of lxc
> 3. use systemd's @ and dbus
>
> for example docker events api can be implemented as wrapper of dbus
>
> docker run -d foo
>
> will redirect to
>
> echo "whatever=whatever" > /etc/sysconfig/dockerlite/123.rc
> systemctl start dockerlite 123 service

Hi,

systemd-importd since v221 can pull Docker V2 images and use them for
launching nspawn containers. Since nspawn uses btrfs volumes by
default, the inbound layers are automatically  converted into btrfs sub
-volumes (fun fact: they are received in reverse order :)):

  systemd-pull --dkr-index-url=http://index.docker.io --verify=no dkr library/fedora:22 fedora-22
  systemd-nspawn -M fedora-22

Since this is V2-aware, you can also pull by image digest:

  systemd-pull --dkr-index-url=https://index.docker.io --verify=no dkr library/fedora sha256:3bc3c17b7fb900f8a35a22c36a05840d0b3a07896c4268e989558ef68279ecc2 fedora-20

--
Pavel Odvody <podvody redhat com>
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience