[atomic-devel] Adding SSSD client bits to Fedora Atomic Host

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 08:13:53AM -0500, Scott Collier wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Jan has created a sssd image for Fedora.  This image has been built on the
> Docker hub.  You can start testing sssd on Atomic hosts now.
>
> The README is here:
>
> https://github.com/fedora-cloud/Fedora-Dockerfiles/tree/master/sssd
>
> The image is here:
>
> https://hub.docker.com/r/fedora/sssd/

Hello,

the SSSD container contains both the SSSD daemon and
ipa-client-install and realmd for joining the Atomic Host to IPA or
Active Directory.

However, when used by commands on the Atomic Host, like by sshd or by
sudo, some shared libraries are needed on the host so that the
daemons/programs (that run on the host, outside of the container) can
load them and talk to SSSD via Unix sockets or read the caches.

I've identified the following libraries as needed for typical
use-cases:

	/usr/lib64/libnss_sss.so.2
	/usr/lib64/sssd/modules/sssd_krb5_localauth_plugin.so
	/usr/lib64/libsss_sudo.so
	/usr/lib64/security/pam_sss.so
	/usr/lib64/security/pam_oddjob_mkhomedir.so

What is the process of getting packages with these libraries (and
their dependencies) added to Fedora Atomic Host ostree?

--
Jan Pazdziora | adelton at #ipa*, #brno
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat