Re: [atomic-devel] atomic host upgrade fail

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015, at 10:26 AM, Tim St Clair wrote:
> I have a single oddball machine which appears to have failed an upgrade b/c it ran out of space.

The "overwriting error" is a definite bug, but I think the system functioned as designed and left you with a working system even though the upgrade ran out of space in the middle.

You'd have to reclaim space to make it work.  One thing that will likely
help is to prune the previous deployment.  `ostree admin undeploy 1` should
leave you with only one tree.

Beyond that, I'd look for things consuming space in `/var`, like home directories.

If you plan to store substantial data in /, it's also possible to extend the root LV.