Re: [atomic-devel] update without full reboot

Thanks,do you have any plans to do this?
My use-case upgrade system,and yes I don't plan to upgrade kernel so fast.
As I understand switch root not all things that need to do,because we have running services with open fds..

5 Авг 2016 г. 16:47 пользователь "Colin Walters" <walters verbum org> написал:
On Fri, Aug 5, 2016, at 09:11 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hi! Does it possible to update atomic host and do kexec skipping bios time?

We haven't investigated that, but it shouldn't be too hard to wire together.
In the case where the kernel hasn't changed we could probably teach
systemd to do a switchroot without kexec at all, which would be a lot faster itself.