Re: [atomic-devel] Preparing for overlayfs as equal option

The current plan for SELinux/OverlayFS support is to have the OverlayFS parts merged into the kernel for 4.8 kernel.  The

SELinux parts missed the cutoff and should be merged into the 4.9.  Paul Moore the SELinux Kernel Maintainer will create test

kernels in Copr with the Overlayfs support as soon as 4.9 opens, (Next week, since he is on Vacation).  At that point we could

start testing with his kernels.  He wants to test for 2 weeks and then we could pull the patches into Rawhide and perhaps the

Centos Upstream Kernel.  Our goal then if everything is going well would be to get these patches into the RHEL kernel some time

after 7.3 in a z stream release.  Hopefully before the end of the year.