Re: [atomic-devel] package layering question

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016, at 08:13 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> I'm build latest ostree for fedora 23 and 24 and want to try
> rpm-ostree pkg-add, how this command determine from which repo
> download package? Does i need dnf in system and configured repos in
> /etc/yum/repos.d ?

rpm-ostree uses libdnf (also known as libhif), which reads from /etc/yum.repos.d,
and generally has similar semantics. You don't need the `dnf` program installed
(on the host) though it can be convenient to use for read-only operations like
`search` until we implement it in rpm-ostree. I tend to use yum/dnf inside pet
Docker containers for things like that now.