Re: [atomic-devel] CentOS Atomic Host Alpha 7.2016.106

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016, at 01:53 PM, Peter wrote:
> On 08/30/2016 10:44 AM, Colin Walters wrote:
> > (Moving release announcements here since I think more people read it than atomic@)
> >

> In running through the changes I think we need to publish updated
> instructions for getting going with kubernetes. The last one i saw
> (https://jebpages.com/2016/08/15/running-kubernetes-in-containers-on-atomic/)
> advocated using curl to get external binaries from
> storage.googleapis.com to install kubectl. I'm not super comfortable
> with that. Is there a better option we can recommend?

I'm in 100% agreement with that.  This is a complex and multifaceted
problem.  We aren't removing the kubernetes RPM packages from
Fedora - however, an issue that's been on the back burner but
now comes more strongly to the forefront is that AFAIK
the only baseline kubernetes RPM that's maintained actively right now is the
rpmdistro-gitoverlay from CAHC that's auto-sync'd from Fedora (and
that by virtue of being automatic, not manual like the CBS builds in
http://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=105 )

But an issue right now with the CAHC builds is the RPM repository isn't
signed or under version management - it's kind of only intended right
now for consumption by the base tree compose.

Likely the most sustainable path is to figure out how to auto-sync the
Fedora builds into CBS and offer that as a source.