Re: [atomic-devel] Testing the CentOS Atomic Host images / installer and cloud instances

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016, at 07:46 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> I realise there have been a few efforts that startedup, but none that
> really finished implementation so maybe the first thing would be to
> recap who's actually doing any testing at this point, where are they
> running it and whats the audience for those tests.

It's very scattered.  Ideally we share at least some infrastructure
between Fedora and CentOS.  I'm not sure how to get there.  Some
teams in Project Atomic like ADB are CentOS only at the moment.

Anyways for Atomic Host (and other efforts), I think key ingredients are:
 - Agreeing on a shared IaaS like OpenStack being available for tests
 - Reducing the number of upstream test formats (right now the way
   github.com/projectatomic/{atomic,rpm-ostree,atomic-reactor)
   do tests are all different
 - Reducing the number of frontends to those frameworks (Jenkins,Taskotron,etc.)