Re: [atomic-devel] Looking for stability when composing trees

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Mark Dyer <mark markyshouse com> wrote:
> We are evaluating Atomic Host, but our development has been knocked on its
> ear several times by upstream changes to Atomic Host and friends. We need a
> way to compose trees and be assured that we are getting a specific, already
> tested collection of base packages.
>
> Based on how we accomplished this in our existing build environment using
> 'yum', we have done experiments with specifying versions for packages in our
> treefiles hoping to force 'rpm-ostree compose tree' to pull specific
> versions, but got this error:
>
> Downloading metadata: 100%
> error: No package 'emacs-24.3-18.el7.x86_64' found
>
> Is there a way to do this?

One way would be to maintain your own mirror of the packages, and not
include unwanted packages in that.

It'd make sense for rpm-ostree to work the way you're trying to use
it, but after playing around w/ it a bit just now, I couldn't get this
to work, either.

Jason