[atomic-devel] Refspec used by "atomic host upgrade"

Hi,

when creating our Atomic test images, we want to first run "atomic host
upgrade" and then "ostree checkout $ref /var/local-tree".  We do this so
that we can modify /var/local-tree via rpm and boot into it to run the
tests.

What should $ref be so that /var/local-tree will be the same as what
"atomic host upgrade" has just downloaded and deployed for the next
boot?

We used dig it out of /usr/share/rpm-ostree/treefile.json, giving
something like:

    rhel-atomic-host/7/x86_64/standard

or

    fedora-atomic/f23/x86_64/docker-host

This used to "work", but since recently this command

    ostree checkout rhel-atomic-host/7/x86_64/standard /var/local-tree

gives us the currently booted tree, not the one produced by "atomic host
upgrade".

Now we need to prefix the remote as well, like this:

    ostree checkout \
      rhel-atomic-host-ostree:rhel-atomic-host/7/x86_64/standard \
      /var/local-tree

"atomic host upgrade" has a way to compute this refspec.  How can we
reliably get the same value?

Or is there a better way to achieve what we want?

Thanks in advance!