Re: [atomic-devel] CPU and Memory accounting for containerized kubernetes

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016, at 10:34 AM, Jan Chaloupka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> upcoming build of kubernetes in Fedora (and RHEL) is about to have CPU
> and Memory systemd accounting enabled by default (upstream issue [1]).
> So far, Openshift took steps to update its spec file [1]. Ansible
> installing kubernetes does the very same [2]. The works for
> non-containerized kubernetes. Question is how to deal with containerized
> kubernetes cause installing kubernetes-node rpm inside will not be enough.

https://github.com/kubernetes/contrib/blob/master/ansible/roles/common/tasks/main.yml#L52

It seems to me that having Ansible write those same config files for
the containerized install is sufficient.  Right?

We could investigate doing this in `atomic install` which allows containers
to drop such files on the host, but it's currently mutually exclusive with
`atomic install --system` which I think is better for things like this.

Broadly speaking, I think we should consider RPM (and containers) as just a binary delivery
format, and use Ansible for anything that requires a modicum of intelligence.
At least sufficient to bootstrap Kubernetes.