[atomic-devel] Extending Atomic Host and 'rpm-ostree pkg-add'

I've been playing with privileged containers delivering services for D-Bus
system bus. These D-Bus services must be enabled by a configuration file
placed in the /etc/dbus-1/system.d/ directory. Therefore my containers must
install files on Atomic host and this action creates system files not owned
by any rpm package.

Last week I wrote a script that creates an intermediate rpm package from
files in the /exports/hostfs/ directory in a container and installs the
package to a host [0]. Unfortunately, the script uses 'ostree admin unlock'
before running 'rpm -i ...', so my changes to rpm database disappear with
reboot. Using 'rpm-ostree pkg-add ...' could make the changes persistent but
the command does not accept local files.

My question is that will it be possible to install local rpm files via
'rpm-ostree pkg-add'?

Jakub

0: https://github.com/jfilak/af