Re: [atomic-devel] How to apply non-atomic tuned profiles to atomic host

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016, at 10:22 AM, Jason DeTiberus wrote:
The other issue is that we don't require users to manage their environments with Ansible, so our temporary modifications would also need to be documented and implemented separately for non-Ansible users.

I see the point, but the tuned switches have to be a very small part of what one would need to re-implement if a site decided to use Puppet or whatever instead.  Right?

Particularly since they're just tuning, and not strictly required for baseline operation (right?), I'd say we have an argument that anyone implementing alternative Origin/OSE installers has to reference openshift-ansible as a baseline, and that would include the tuning settings.

So basically I'm arguing for the tuned settings being owned by openshift-ansible, and possibly those in turn deriving from some upstream kubernetes/ansible roles or so.  That said, if you guys feel strongly about shipping via RPM we can certainly look at that more.