Re: [atomic-devel] We have a bugzilla requesting that we change the default CMD to systemd for base images in RHEL

For rhel8, if the following docker file:

FROM rhel:8
RUN yum install apache && systemctl enable apache
EXPOSE 80

just worked on startup, that would be pretty awesome.  But I still think it's valuable to be careful about breaking the implicit API here in anything less than a major version.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm fedoraproject org> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 01:03:58PM -0400, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> I like Dan's proposal of rhel7-init (or fedora-init, centos-init).

For whatever it's worth, I don't. It makes sense if you're steeped in
the distro world where init systems have been a hot topic for the last
few years, but without that context it sounds like it's something about
inititalizing RHEL/Fedora/CentOS, not that there's a process manager
running. Or even an initial attempt at making a rhel7 container.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm fedoraproject org>