Re: [atomic-devel] We have a bugzilla requesting that we change the default CMD to systemd for base images in RHEL

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 11:03:32AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Well, there's no reason why a systemd designed for just container init
> couldn't be tiny; it's requirements would be so much less than one
> running outside a container.  But it would be essentially a new piece of
> software.

That seems like a huge investment, both in development and in continued
maintenance. I think we'd be better served putting that effort (or a
fraction of it!) into making the thing we have better suited.

We've definitely got a ways to go here — our base image is very large
by any standard, let alone compared to alpine or busybox.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm fedoraproject org>