Re: [atomic-devel] move users home to dedicated lv

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 06:56 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> I have ostree system with /boot and / lv
> Now my users home lives on lv /
> I create new lv with name home and want to use it to store /home.
> Can somebody provide me description what target path i need to use to
> move users dir, so it properly visible after system reboot on new lv?

I'm not sure I fully understand what exact problem you're hitting,
but the only twist I can think of that OSTree/AH brings to the table
here is that /home -> /var/home.

Now that systemd refuses to mount symlinks, your /etc/fstab
will need to explicitly refer to /var/home as a mountpoint.

For example, I'm working on an "Atomic Workstation" which
I use as my desktop, and nowadays when I do system installs
I use dm-crypt just for /home (to avoid the perf hit on the rest
of the system).  So:

# grep /home /etc/fstab
/dev/mapper/luks-8f2eef47-072c-4a66-9bda-6e9574b7d23d /var/home               xfs     defaults,x-systemd.device-timeout=0 0 0

works just fine for me.