Re: [atomic-devel] Docker version updates planned?

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Daniel Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> wrote:
> On 12/13/2017 01:51 PM, Richard Alloway wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I've been taking a look at Atomic OS in my "free" time and have noticed that
> it is shipped with Docker 1.12.x and/or 1.13.x.
>
> Those branches appear to be deprecated.
>
> Are there any plans to move to the 17.x.x series (Docker CE/EE)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Rich
>
> ---------------------------------
> He's just this guy... ya know?!
> ---------------------------------
>
> We are sticking with the docker version that is supported by kubernetes for
> now.  Our plan going forward is to ship newer versions of docker in a system
> container.  My goal is actually to remove container runtimes from atomic
> host and allow users to choice the version of container runtime they want
> either through System Containers or using rpm-ostree layering.

Following on what Dan noted, here are some links to the current
discussions if you're interested:

- "Plans for Docker Version in Fedora": https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/394
- "Decide strategy for including container runtimes in Atomic Host":
https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/360

--
Thanks,
Steve Milner