[atomic-devel] Container runs under `runc` but not when wrapped by systemd

I've created a container for postgres:
https://github.com/goozbach-atomic/postgres-9.4
I built it using system-buildah; it builds just fine, imports just
fine, and runs if I do the runc command directly:

cd /var/lib/containers/atomic/postgres.0/ && runc --systemd-cgroup run
'postgres'

however if I use the systemd service to attempt to start it, it fails:

(log here: https://gist.github.com/goozbach/614404f58a7a1ffaef0675bbd4d70f2c )

I've turned SELinux to permissive to see if that was the issue (it wasn't).

Here's the generated systemd unit file:

# cat /etc/systemd/system/postgres.service
[Unit]
Description=UNKNOWN

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/runc --systemd-cgroup run 'postgres'
ExecStop=/bin/runc --systemd-cgroup kill 'postgres'
Restart=on-failure
WorkingDirectory=/var/lib/containers/atomic/postgres.0

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I'm pretty well stumped at this point.

Any ideas?