Re: [atomic-devel] Proposing moving https://github.com/stefwalter/oci-kvm-hook into projectatomic

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018, at 2:29 PM, Daniel Walsh wrote:

> Does this actually work?

Yes =)   For example it broke and we fixed it e.g.:
https://github.com/stefwalter/oci-kvm-hook/pull/4

> I would figure the device cgroup would prevent
> use of the kvm device inside a container unless you also modified the
> cgroup?
>

> podman run --device /dev/kvm

I guess the thing is personally, I see it as quite safe to expose
the KVM device nowadays, and having to annotate containers
explicitly for it is annoying, particularly in the Kube/OpenShift
case.  That said the linked thread above contains a proposal
for the Kube equivalent of this.