[atomic-devel] AMIs on magnetic storage vs gp2

I'm looking at general things in how CoreOS Container Linux does
things vs Fedora Atomic - specifically I think we should have a file like:
https://alpha.release.core-os.net/amd64-usr/current/coreos_production_ami_all.json

While I was doing this, one thing I noticed is that CL is gp2 only:
https://github.com/coreos/mantle/commit/5f477a671a305a12ae98542f74a8452b7a6d4dc0
and
https://github.com/coreos/mantle/commit/77de264b8cb859f38fa5795668cc33a6494b1006
More info: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/EBSVolumeTypes.html

This makes a lot of sense to me - I personally have fallen into the IOPS performance cliff for `standard`
magnetic storage.

Is it worth us continuing to do AMI uploads targeting the legacy `standard` EBS storage?
Does anyone use it intentionally?