Re: [atomic-devel] xdg-open-gateway

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 8:51 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13 gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 8:47 AM Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 11:04 AM Vladimir Panteleev <projectatomic thecybershadow net> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> A while ago, I was looking for a way to have bubblewrap'd programs open
>> files and URLs outside their container, and stumbled upon the Snap
>> project's snapd-xdg-open:
>>
>> https://github.com/snapcore/snapd-xdg-open
>>

> This looks very similar to https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak-xdg-utils, which still exists and provides
> the same functionality for flatpak, by talking to the OpenURI portal.

The key difference is that the Flatpak one requires portal
integration, while xdg-open-gateway does not. Trivially
confined/sandboxed applications who attempt to access xdg-open are
correctly redirected to the host to trigger the OpenURI action.

Not sure what that means. Either it gives blanket access (then why have it ?) or it has to talk to some intermediary.
If you call it a portal or not doesn't really matter that much. And I don't understand your point about conflicting with
a script in the host /usr/bin at all - surely, that is not visible in the container ?