[atomic-devel] Documenting "rpm-ostree override"

In the wake of James Mills' excellent article on replacing docker in Atomic (https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3414221), I realized we had missed documenting "rpm-ostree override" in the RHEL Atomic user docs. I'll point to that article, but I want to add some new content as well.

As I've played around with rpm-ostree override, a few questions have come up:

* Can someone suggest a good package to use to override an Atomic package in the base system? Each package I try fails with some dependency issues I don't know how to get around.

* Must a base system package always be removed before it is replaced?

* Is there a proper way to back out, if you decide you want to go back to the original packages?

Chris Negus
Red Hat Principal Technical Writer
RHCA, RHCI, RHCX, RHCE
Author of the Linux Bible, 9th Edition