Re: [atomic-devel] Atomic as Base OS for Standalone Appliance

Shane,

    I see nobody has responded. To be honest, I read your email three times, and I can't quite figure out your use case. I am guessing others may be heads down working on the new Red Hat CoreOS and hence haven't had time to dig into this. I am a product manager for Containers at Red Hat so really interested in your use case to understand if it's something applicable to others and hence something we might want to capture longer term.

I understand OSTree decently well, but am wondering if some of these changes wouldn't be better captured in an orchestration layer than in customizing an OS with kernel parameters, or perhaps in some super privileged containers that turn things on/off depending on scheduling, etc. In fact, we just did a presentation at Red Hat Summit with Hitachi because they had some similar requirements around sysctl variables...

I will be down in Raleigh on the afternoon/evening of June 5th and would love to meet up and chat. Happy to meet up late afternoon, or early evening. If you are around feel free to respond to me off list.

Best Regards

Scott M