Re: [atomic-devel] Install CRI-O on Atomic Host

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019, at 2:31 PM, mabi wrote:
> Ah ok so standard CentOS would do it... I guess I missed the point, I
> thought Atomic Host is THE distribution to go with when using such
> platforms like okd.io/OpenShift...

An interesting topic here is whether saying "Fedora/CentOS/RHEL" means *not* {Fedora, CentOS, RHEL} Atomic Host.  I don't think so; or to avoid double negatives, I think Atomic/CoreOS style systems are part of the family.

Now, your question gets to a larger problem we've struggled with around OpenShift/Kubernetes and platform choices and how we manage things.  If you've noticed for OpenShift 4.0 we're doing something fundamentally different here with Red Hat CoreOS by baking in the kubelet/cri-o to the host directly.

Some people often forget that the rpm-ostree technology underlying Atomic Host has package layering; I briefly went to the https://cri-o.io/ web page but the link it has for CentOS RPMs is wrong as far as I can tell.  But if the RPMs exist it almost certainly works to do `rpm-ostree install cri-o`.  But really this is more about OKD.