Re: [atomic-devel] moby-engine for centos/epel

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 6:39 PM Muayyad AlSadi <alsadi gmail com> wrote:

> > Is there some particular reason why you still want/need the Moby Engine package?
>
> no, I just want to have that option (even if in a non default repo) for convenient and easy migration and switch between old scripts/ansible playbooks, new fedora ...etc..

At least for me, the main reason for moby-engine is that the GitLab CI
Runner requires it. No one has contributed a port of the container
runner executor to use Podman, so it requires Docker. It uses the
Docker Engine API, so it can't be trivially replaced by the
"podman-docker" package either.

Without the enhancements to the Docker package though (that is,
vanilla moby-engine), GitLab CI can't use RHEL environments without
some manual work in the middle. :(