Re: [atomic-devel] Info regarding process for generating [custom] ISO

On 2/18/20 2:08 AM, Viraj Patil wrote:
> Howdy Devs,
>
> We are looking for some help in generating ISO's of custom silverblue OS. We were not able to find any docs pertaining to this.But landed on a few older ones <https://lists.projectatomic.io/projectatomic-archives/atomic-devel/2018-May/msg00032.html> (F22 <https://pagure.io/fedora-atomic/tree/master>). But few packages doesn't seem to be available anymore. If you folks  can point us to any resources pertaining to generating the ISO that will be great.
> Thanks in advance,

Unfortunately it's not that easy to do. I wrote up some highlevel notes for Atomic
Host from a few years ago: https://dustymabe.com/2017/08/08/how-do-we-create-ostree-repos-and-artifacts-in-fedora/

I'd recommend just using the Silverblue ISO and using a custom kickstart that points
the install at your custom OSTree repo/ref. Then you install your custom content, but
you don't need to generate your own ISO.

Dusty