Re: [atomic] Cloud init fails to install packages on Atomic Host

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017, at 11:33 PM, Shibu Gope wrote:
I am using the latest image: http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/atomic/images/CentOS-Atomic-Host-7-GenericCloud.qcow2.gz

My user-data contains
package_upgrade: true

packages:
 - zsh
 - git
 - wget
 - vim-enhanced

Currently cloud-init doesn't know about rpm-ostree's package layering.
In the big picture, I'd recommend only using cloud-init to bootstrap basic
things like authentication, network configuration, etc.  Then use something
like Ansible to do further setup.

cloud-init's "system management abstraction" layer is a bit inconsistent and
not as well maintained as all of the config mgmt/automation tools out there
that can take over once you have a working SSH setup.

(Though on this topic we haven't yet done an Ansible module for rpm-ostree
 either; I'd recommend just using the `bootcmd` hook to run it directly)