Re: [atomic] Unable to install using rpm-ostree

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 2:16 AM DRUILHE, REMI <remi druilhe atos net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to deploy a kubernetes on top of the last Fedora Atomic distribution (version 28). Because, for now, it is just for test purposes, the Atomic servers are virtualized in an OpenStack cluster. I successfully installed Atomic and Cockpit using the online documentation. I was able to test that there is no new distribution available through both Cockpit and the command line using the “atomic” command”.
>
> Now, I am trying to setup a kubernetes cluster using the documentation provided on: https://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2017/09/running-kubernetes-on-fedora-atomic-26/
> It is for the version 26 but I was not able to find any update for the version 28. I successfully pulled the images for kubernetes for both the master and the node (even if for the node, the f28/kubernetes-proxy, does not exist). But, when I try to install kubeadm using rpm-ostree, I got the following error:
>
> error: cannot update repo 'updates': Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: Curl error (28): Timeout was reached for https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-released-f28&arch=x86_64 [Connection timed out after 30002 milliseconds]

I just tested "rpm-ostree install kubernetes-kubeadm -r" on a fedora
atomic 28 VM and it worked. Maybe it was some sort of intermittent
network issue? This may help w/ kubeadm:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jasonbrooks/QA/AtomicTests/Install_Kubeadm

If you're using kubeadm, you don't need to install the system
containers, but I'll look into what's up with that proxy system
container.