[atomic-devel] Ubuntu Snappy Alpha announced

http://www.ubuntu.com/cloud/tools/snappy

A new player in the atomic host space, anyone else take a look at the alpha?

http://developer.ubuntu.com/snappy/filesystem-layout/

I'm still not clear (even though they describe it) the difference between a framework and an application.  It's interesting that frameworks extend the capabilities of the host (e.g. Docker in the example) vs applications running a service (e.g. httpd).  But it's not clear if apps are supposed to be packaged as containers or run on the Snappy host itself.  Or either.  Or both.  Or neither.

There's some dangerous sounding snippets too, which I hope are opinions and not quotes:

"Thanks to this, snappy applications don't need to be reviewed, so developers can deliver their applications faster."

-Matt M