Re: [atomic-devel] EC2 PV/HVM AMIs

On 07/21/2014 10:16 AM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 08:59:27AM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
>> On 07/21/2014 08:56 AM, Andy Grimm wrote:
>>> This is techinically correct, but perhaps I can make it more clear.
>>> Joe's response was that project atomic would not "own" any images
>>> produced.  Images *will* be produced by Fedora, and probably CentOS as
>>> well (and some of the same people will probably be involved), but it
>>> makes sense for the distros to own the image production process and
>>> the resulting artifacts.
>>
>> And as we all know, "technically correct" is the best kind of correct...
>>
>> Yes - there will be images, but ATM the plan is they come from Fedora
>> and CentOS, rather than a 'new' distro from Project Atomic. Part of the
>> goodness of Project Atomic is that we're using packages that are already
>> part of a major distro and well-tested.
>>

> Ok, so I'll assume that the images are being "taken care of".

It's something we're working on - however, we would not say no to help
through those projects. We're currently meeting (today) about what's
needed in Fedora infra to build + ship an Atomic release regularly, and
we're also working through those problems in CentOS b/c Atomic isn't
quite meshed with the normal build process.

We'd love to have help - just it will be done through the distros. Does
that make sense?

Best,

jzb

--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst
jzb redhat com | http://community.redhat.com/