Re: [atomic-devel] No bashrc for root user

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 11:30:44AM -0600, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On 11/13/2014 08:51 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
> > Should I file a bug for this?
>
> My two cents? No. Generally the use case we should be pushing here does
> not fit with "I'm logged in as root user and using this as a single
> system and expect it to look like a standard Fedora install."
>
> Thoughts, comments, flames?

I guess it is a matter of opinion. For me, the only time I have ever
seen the default prompt of '-bash-4.3#' is when something is broken in
the environment, which makes me immediately think to myself "what's
broken?".

$PS1 isn't the only thing this affects though. We have to consider
everything that gets loaded as part of /etc/bashrc (and thus
/etc/profile.d/*) that we lose when we don't load it.

Dusty