Re: [atomic-devel] resize container

I have read three perspectives on databases/persistent data with respect to Docker.
  1. use Docker container including persistent data
  2. use Docker with volumes
  3. never use Docker for persistent data
I have employed all three methods with other containerized applications, although initially I leaned towards 3.  The data/size limit seems arbitrary to me [most of what we are working with will easily fit in 10GB] and aside from the recent inconvenience, I am not sure that is really relevant to the configuration.

I do wonder about number 2 with respect to security/separation of concern issues.  I am still relatively new to Docker and I would like to think these concerns are nicely addressed in a production environment if volumes are used.

In the meantime, I had not used boot2docker on my Mac for some time so I gave it a try.  Reconfiguring it for a larger DiskSize worked as expected.

Thank you,
Carl