Re: [atomic-devel] Moving osbs/atomic-reactor under projectatomic org on Github

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015, at 08:28 AM, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:

> To describe the whole system more: Builds are submitted through osbs-client by users/other tools. osbs-client communicates with OpenShift. OpenShift has an image with atomic-reactor installed inside, which is used to build requested images.

I'd also highlight the integration with current distribution build tools like Koji.  (The upstream page does, but it's worth repeating here).

This is also proposed to be deployed in Fedora:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Layered_Docker_Image_Build_Service

Another important differentatior I see with atomic-reactor is that one case it supports is having artifacts (ideally sources) stored in a buildsystem-controlled store, as distinct from general Internet access.  This is the equivalent of the "lookaside" cache Fedora uses for source code.

So I think moving it into the projectatomic/ namespace is a great idea.