Re: [atomic-devel] RFC: use early-docker to support additional software on atomic host

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

> I think we should investigate using runc rather then docker form
> something like this.  The idea would be to create a docker container
> image, but run it outside of the docker framework.
>
> I am not sure if this is possible but I think this is something we
> should examine with the changes going on at Docker.

I am all in favor of running runC (or rkt) instead of docker everywhere,
including for early priv containers, but my main request for comments
was whether you people think that approach is reasonable.

I.e. do we want to run some fundamental software (also flanneld, as done
by core os) in a container, so it can be installed on demand?

If so, we will need something like early docker before runC is ready.

Cheers,
 Tobias Florek