Re: [atomic-devel] Install Atomic "at runtime" on CentOS

On 07/15/2015 08:52 PM, Alec Taylor wrote:

> Can I just patch the kernel and install a bunch of software once I've
> logged into the CentOS host?
>
> Or is it not possible to get Atomic that way?

I'm assuming by "atomic" you mean all the features including rpm-ostree
updates, etc.?

No - this isn't something you can install on a running CentOS host.
You'd need to install an atomic build from the start.

What's your scenario here? Are you being provided hosts from another
department and just unable to use the images of your choice, or...?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Community Team, OSAS