Re: [atomic-devel] docker binary

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 08:22:50AM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Yes we actually recommend using something like
>
> docker run -ti -v /:/host -v /run:/run -v /dev:/dev --privileged fedora
> /bin/sh
>
> And then you can add stuff like
> --net=host --pid=host --ipc=host
>
> And you slowly end up where only /usr inside your container is separate
> from the host system.

Yup. On the other end of the spectrum: if all you want to do is start and stop services with systemctlin a container, you can usually get by with:

 -v /run/dbus:/var/run/dbus -v /run/systemd:/var/run/systemd

And you don't even need --privileged. Of course, there's a whole world in-between the two approaches.

It all depends on exactly what you're looking to do. strace is your friend. :)

_Trevor

--
Sent from my Amiga 500.
(Trevor Jay) Red Hat Product Security