Re: [atomic-devel] Announcing Nightly Fedora Atomic ISO Installer Builds

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 5:07 AM, Radek Vykydal <rvykydal redhat com> wrote:

> On 06/18/2015 11:44 PM, Adam Miller wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>      I am happy to announce nightly builds of the Atomic ISO installer
>> composes with Fedora 22 + Updates[0]
>

> Thanks!
>
> I was thinking about doing also nightly builds of (PXE-to-) live Atomic
> images [0]. Would this flow make sense in Fedora build process?
>
> 1) Build raw disk image with fedora-cloud-atomic-pxetolive.ks spin-kickstart
> (the ks may need some update).
>
> 2) Using this image run a script similar to build-iso.sh which would
> basically call
>
> livemedia-creator --make-ostree-live --disk-image=/var/tmp/atomic-live.raw
> --live-rootfs-keep-size
>
> in mock.
>
> livemedia-creator is part of lorax package. It creates ext4 rootfs image,
> merges /boot partition in (required for ostree sysroot), restores selinux
> labels, packs it into downloadable live image (squashfs). Also it modifies
> initrd by adding modules required for booting into live image, and creates
> PXE configuration template - some details are in [0].

I think that would be great, it would certainly allow for the ability
to test that stuff. I'm admittedly very unfamiliar with it though, is
any of that currently being composed by lorax in the trees? Example[0]

If it is not then I would absolutely be open to adding it if you
wouldn't mind sending a pull request[1] with either a new script or
addition to the build-iso.sh script that's there, I would be happy to
put it in the same build process and have it in the same location. I
know the pxe-to-live stuff is aimed for Fedora 23 but if we can enable
it in these nightlies in the mean time then all the better.

Thanks!

-AdamM

[0] - http://atomic-nightly.cloud.fedoraproject.org/composes/2015-06-19/22/Cloud_Atomic/x86_64/os/images/
[1] - https://github.com/maxamillion/fedora-atomic-nightly/

EDIT: Sorry to Radek for the spam, I accidentally replied off-list
which I just realized, so I'm re-replying to the list this time. :)