Re: [atomic-devel] F22 AtomicHost snapshot 20150304.2

A followup with more information for the curious:

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015, at 12:41 PM, Colin Walters wrote:

>  - Installer ISO (with content embedded), and PXE-to-Install media

This is generated via "rpm-ostree-toolbox installer", which is a wrapper
for "lorax".  Notably it uses:

https://github.com/projectatomic/fedora-productimg-atomic

This is what implements the default 3GB/LVM-managed-thin
partitioning setup.  (Also if someone wants to add the projectatomic.io
logo into the CSS for the installer, that'd be a cool hack ;) )

>  - Cloud image for use in qemu/OpenStack

These were also produced by "rpm-ostree-toolbox imagefactory", however,
Fedora rel-eng is also doing this.  The Fedora rel-eng produced images
currently are failing to build, but we expect them to work tomorrow (or
at least, progress).

>  - Vagrant boxes (both libvirt and virtualbox)

Same as above.

>  - PXE-to-Live

This is produced by "rpm-ostree-toolbox liveimage", which is a wrapper
for "livemedia-creator", also from lorax.

Also note that you must have I'd say at least 4GB of RAM for using this
to make sense.  It's designed for diskless bare metal servers.

> However, at present the Fedora 22 repository won't boot because it
> has an older systemd.  Nevertheless, to switch to it, use:
>
> # ostree remote add --set=gpg-verify=false fedora-atomic https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/atomic/22/

Actually this does work and will give you a working tree (with the same versions).
I'll update all of the media now to point to this location for updates.