[atomic-devel] Systemd, containers, and pid=host

Is it possible to design a container that utilizes systemd *and* that
will run fine either with or without --pid=host?  As far as I can
tell, at the moment the answer is "no": if you expect to run in the
host pid namespace, you only get (a) a single process or (b) you use
some suboptimal process supervisor like "supervisor"...

...but I am looking for a second opinion.

As for why you would want to do this, the ability to "yum install foo;
systemctl enable foo" is attractive, and I really like journald as a
solution to application logging.

Thanks,

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars redhat com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}