Re: [atomic-devel] Generic executable labels for atomic cli

On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 01:11:15PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015, at 12:24 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
>
> > The idea is more or less to support an application developer being
> > able to define his/her own verbs to allow the user to call from atomic
> > CLI.
>
> I haven't looked at this closely, but it sounds like it overlaps with the Dockerfile `ENTRYPOINT` verb?

Not exactly.. Currently we have labels (STOP/RUN/INSTALL/UNINSTALL)
that are defined within our docker images. The definition of these
labels is usually some docker run command. What I am proposing is to
be able to have user-defined labels that can be executed from the
atomic cli. So if they say `atomic runlabel <arbitrarylabelname> <image>`
they can run whatever named label they had defined inside the image.

Dusty